Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: What element? Medicine
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 12112
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 10/30/2002 06:20 PM

Dear Anon,

1. In the past, a butcher is a butcher, a merchant is a merchant.

2. But nowadays, due to multi-skilling, one person may perform various (varied) tasks, it may be much harder to identify the exact element of an occupation.

3. For example, a doctor can be involved in part research. This part of his work can be considered as `wood' element.

4. What can generally be classified under the Wood element?

4.1 Well, think or imagine a tree. For the most part of it's life, it is continously growing (unless of course it is diseased or eaten by termites).

4.2 Therefore, a wood element suggests anything to do with new projects, new technology or growth. Developing new medicine can be considered as wood instead of the water element (as explained below).

5. The traditional way of looking at medicine is simply " BLOOD " or blood letting. Thus, what does blood resembles? Water. In addition, anethetics or use of vapour e.g. laughing gase etc.. prior to an operation has to do with Water element or vapour.

5.1 It is also interesting to note that METAL always goes with WATER BEST. Under the Productive cycle of Five Elements concept, Metal supports water.

5.2 Thus, one notice that gas needs to be contained preferably in a metal canister.

5.3 Perhaps, other than to give doctors a clean look, WHITE or the common white coat / dress worn in hospitals by doctors and (traditional nurses is also white). White = Metal element.

5.4 Therefore, if you ask me, I personally feel at the base of the medicial profession, is in general considered as the Water element.

6. The idea of the Five Elements concept can actually be applied to human beings.

7. In fact, it is best to have an occupation that have at least two or more of the elements. One rationale is, then one does lesser monotonous work.

8. An sample of a life of a modern Geomancer:

8.1 Take for example, would'nt it be more enriching to have a career that e.g. does some paper work, moves around the field?

8.2 For example, I find my occupation interesting. I hope you find yours equally interesting:-

8.2.1 General Computing:

As a modern day geomancer: I get to use the computer such as replying forum messages or attending to clients messages.

8.2.2 Graphic Drawings:

And also the computer to draw illustrations.

8.2.3 Photographer:

I also have to take photos for the forum etc...

8.2.4 Consultations / Audit travels:

Meeting clients at their premises, discussing on findings etc...

9. Contrast this to a Geomancer of the past. There was no internet, no bulletin boards in the early 70's and before this date. And, perhaps the geomancer does less `multi-skilling jobs.

Do count how many skills you use in your office.

Some of us, represent our company and in fact, even Customer Care or support staff, perform Public Relations and even Sales.

There are so many varied skills in each of our occupation. And some may belong to any of the Five elements. The more the better for job enrichment.

Even in further studies like post graduate studies, the person (in order to have the skill sets) learn or study subjects such as:-

Accounting
Operations Management
Law
Human Resource
Strategic Planning

The idea here is that in order for one to be a CEO, it is believed that a CEO, should understand all key areas of his business functions. To allow him to better appreciate or have an all round grounding of his company.

Furthermore, there is simply no RIGHT or WRONG answers to which element e.g. medicine belongs. IT DEPENDS... on how one put forth the argument or reasoning as to how one derive `medicine' is.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/29/2002 8:01:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>Hello Cecil!
>What element medicine belongs.
>Thank you!

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources