Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Blasting out fire cracker noise through CD / Tape , 1 Attachments
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 12530
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 1/13/2003 10:04 AM

Dear Angelia,

1. Thank you for your feedback. I am very glad that you have enjoyed this site:)

3. Yes, there is really no harm in doing so. However, as you had politely mentioned that hopefully neighbours do not complaint or worse still, report it to the police.

4. It would be more unlucky if we are met by a police patrol man knocking at our door at such an auspicious hour.

5. To be more practical, it should not be done during this time for the following reasons:-

5.1 For the sake of babies, we must be considerate to our neighbours.

5.2 If one stays in a landed property, one can see many neighbours turning on all their garden lights and interior lightings of the house. One need not live all lights on, if one is `stingy' about electricity costs, but it is highly recommended to leave e.g. the balcony or living room light on throughout the first night.

5.3 Some rich Chinese also leave their lights on for 3 days and 3 nights. But, frankly, this is not practial for most Chinese especially those living in government housing. Since, the light can be felt one floor up. For example, neighours standing above the living room light can feel that their floor is very warm. Not too neighbourly, thou.

5.4 One of the main arguments for having real reasons for using fire crackers is symbolically to ward off evil and on the next day, we see red paper (exploded red fire cracker) papers littered all over the compound.

5.5 Red is considered very auspicious for the Chinese and the compound paved with red is said to be very auspicious.

5.6 Therefore, I personally feel that it may seem ok (no harm) to play the sounds of exploding crackers, given that many Singaporeans live in apartment flats especially government flats, a burst of even 1 minute of such a sound can echo throughout a block of 500 units.

5.7 This sounds very, very unneighbourliness. And, what worst way to start a new year is for some neighours to `curse' at us for doing so.

6. I appreciate, if users here do not extract any messages or replies from this forum to any others run by any other practitioners.

7. As, in my opinion, I have seen bad Feng Shui around inclusive of even bad blood flowing around some of Singapore's practitioners. Where there are even lawsuits carried out by one against the other.

8. Geomancy.net, is an international forum and does not care about any bickering overseas or locally. For example, if one had visited the only Feng Shui newsgroup in the world, there is really nothing to learn in such forums but rather, people with either bruised egos fighting out in a `circus-ring'.

These are counter-productive and bad "Karma". Geomancy.net is and has always been a flame free forum.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/13/2003 9:17:00 AM, Angelia Chow wrote:
>Hi Cecil
>
>Your site is highly
>recommended by my friend.
>Have spent an hour surfing
>through your site and I must
>say it is really WONDERFUL.
>
>Just one queston. Recently, I
>attended a talk and was told
>that to get some good luck for
>the coming New Year, one
>should play a CD/Tape blasting
>out loud the fire crackers'
>sound for at least a minute at
>12 am sharp on the 1st day of
>Chinese New Year (hopefully
>with the understanding of some
>good neighbours, hope no
>complaints). What are your
>views ??
>
>Hope to hear from you soon.
>
>Thanks in advance & Best rgds
>Angelia

Click to open!armrest.gif
Caricature on newsgroup (24,381 bytes)

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources