Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Re: Bird feeder (Via Email)
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 1363
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 7/6/1999 09:33 AM

Dear Iz,

There are quite alot of controversies in relation to wind chimes today is
because of the following:-

1. Some Feng Shui practioners after auditing a house (most likely want to
earn more income) ask the household to purchase quite alot of windchimes.
Some `victims' fall prey and hang more than 3 or more wind chimes.

2. Recently there are many books on Feng Shui and without understanding
further, many think that wind chimes are universally considered Feng Shui
enhancers.

From the above, you can understand why many who place more than one wind
chime get into problems. As one place a few wind chimes without proper
knowledge, the chances are it may be placed in a bad or inauspicious Flying
Star location.

For a wind chime, it is best to avoid:-

1. Wind chimes with five tines or rods. Five under the Flying Star is
unasupicous. Placing a wind chime with five rods at the wrong location
spells trouble especially if it is an inauspicous location of the Flying
Star. Particularly if there is a star 5 present in the location.

2. Avoid wind chimes with hollow rods.

3. Hanging five or more wind chimes at a particular location can be quite
`risky'. It may result in someone in the family getting a mental illness.

4. Hanging windchimes opposite a yin location e.g. facing a graveyard or a
location with yin concentration: For example, the location is West plus in
addition of having quite alot of trees planted there. Too many trees create
too yin an environment. If there is also too much water in the location, too
much water is also considered Yin.

Here, if you are not careful, hanging a wind chime e.g. on a tree may
inadvertently attract playful imps to the location due to the sound of the
wind chime. In such a situation, one may not have a peaceful sleep and most
likely have nightmares.

The above `obsession' with wind chimes may lead to problems as mentioned
above.

What about placing a single wind chime?

Many people have never heard of Feng Shui and do see a wind chime, buy it
and hang it at a location they like. There is nothing wrong in this. Most
of all, we do rely on our instinctions or six sense. Without relying on Feng
Shui, we thus use our personal `feelings' and naturally (most of the time)
we do not encounter problems such as above.

Sometimes, it is better off not knowing a little of Feng Shui. This is
because, nowadays, many of us simply pick up a Feng Shui book, read in
between the lines and then immediately start to interpret what was said e.g.
wind chimes are good enhancers and start to buy not one but a few. This is
where all the trouble begin. Even when we eat, do we try to over eat? We
should eat moderately. This is the same with Feng Shui.

In your case, if you have not done a Flying Star analysis, you can:-

1. Do not use any wind chime with 5 rods.

2. You can try to place the wind chime as mentioned under a garden arch. But
do monitor the situation. Usually this is acceptable because the impact of a
wind chime is not as bad as having a few around the house. Usually, based on
our six sense (without relying on Feng Shui) is good enough.

Since you are moving house, where possible, my advise is not to clutter the
centre-point of the house. At the same time, never place any fish tank at
the centre of the house. So far, I have known a few instances where: the
male of the house gets into financial difficulties and the female of the
house gets sick and if prolonged placement of the fish tank, may be fatal.

Best wishes,

Warmest Regards,
Cecil