Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Question on kitchen and front door
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 2092
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 8/29/1999 06:47 PM

Hi,

Please see below:-

On 8/29/99 2:59:06 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>Hi, I have just found this
>site and I gained a lot of
>knowledges from this. Thank
>you for making it possible.

A warm welcome:)

>Would you mind advising us
>about our apartment, please ?
>My husband was born on June 5,
>1975 and I was born on March
>6, 1977. We live in a square
>shape apartment with one
>bedroom.
>I am still confused about this
>facing subject, so please
>advise me. Our apartment's
>front door is facing north if
>we walk in and facing south if
>we walk out.

Usually, one need to read what was written `totally' i.e. if you are following the instructions from a book, you need to follow the instructions from start to end. This is because for e.g. if one is using the Eight House or East/West Group of persons, the author(s) usually provide you their personal methods to come out with the results. If the author is practising traditional Feng Shui, the end result or answer should be similiar with all `sites' or books unless there are errors in the book.

An alternative method is use this site's Eight House at http://www.3dglobe.com/fs/house1.htm

Another alternative is simply sign up for a free account at http://www.geomancy-online.com (Under this URL, you can simply input the relevant details as `asked' by the program and the Eight House Chart is generated online for you. You can save it or print it anytime.

>We have three problems to ask :
>- Is this a good apartment for
>us ?

It is too superficial for me to answer your questions.

To analyse a house, you can be as simplistic or as detailed as possible. Simple answers to whether an apartment is good for you are as follows:

1. Use the Shapes and Form School. If you are new, perhaps, you need to read the articles under http://www.3dglobe.com/fs/theory.htm

There is no quick fix situations. You may need to spent some time understanding things like Feng Shui and the Environment, the site and your home.

2. Use the Eight House Theory (as mentioned above) to check to see if the house is suitable for you. Here, if the death or disaster intangible force runs along the main entrance door, the house is under this theory considered unsuitable for you.

Next, you can use this theory to futher check what influences i.e. intangible force is at the bedroom and locations that you spent more time.

If you are just a `passer-by' and do not need or want to go further into other Feng Shui theories, then you can stop here.

3. If you want `peace of mind' you can usually consult a competent FS consultant and Traditional Feng Shui practioners can do an audit of your home i.e. using the Flying Star Theory to do a birth chart of your house. Many would also analyse it together with your Pillars of destinty element and its strength.

>- A FS book that we read
>recently said that it's bad to
>have a kitchen on the right
>side as we enter the font
>door, is that true ? The
>author didn't mention why, but
>if it's true, then what should
>we do ?

This would depend on the location of the kitchen. The reason why Geomancers pay emphasis on the kitchen is because this is where we `get' our food.

Why do we need to consider the location of the kitchen?

If the kitchen is located at the North (water element) of the house, it is best not to locate it near to the main entrance door. This is because, the warmth of the kitchen may "expire" or die out.

But if the kitchen is located at the South (represented by the fire element), it is acceptable to have the kitchen next to the main door. Alternatively, it is still ok to have a water position opposite the stove to cool it at the South.

Therefore, the direction to avoid is having a kitchen at the North compass direction with the main door next to it. Otherwise, you do not need to `worry' unduly over this concept.

>- As we enter the bedroom's
>door that is on the right
>side, the left side of the
>room is windows all over the
>wall and they have heavy
>curtains. So, we put our bed
>across the windows. But, the
>problem is, the lower part of
>the bed is about 3 feet from
>the bathroom's and bedroom's
>door (the bedroom's and
>bathroom's door are align). Is
>this bad ? What should we do
>about it since we cannot move
>it to other part of wall ?

Apologies, I still cannot get the correct picture.

For the bed, it is best not to have the head or (headrest) of the bed against a window. Secondly, the bed should not face the toilet. One remedy is to use a side table lamp between the bed and the toilet. In such a situation, the side table with the table lamp acts as a `barrier' or shield.

Perhaps you can elaborate further or sent me a sketch in e.g. .gif or .jpg format.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources