Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Yellow color and sickness star
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 2584
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 10/21/1999 09:20 AM

Dear Anon,

It is not necessarily true.

Yellow represents the earth element. The only way to find out whether a specific location is bad or avoidable is to do a Flying Star Chart.

The two bad stars are 2 (sickness) and 5 (misfortune). If there are these two stars in a specific sector in your home, it would be best not to use yellow as yellow is the earth element and it will further `enhance' the earth elements of 2 and 5.

Based on the YEAR - Flying Star chart for this year, the South is considered having " 5 yellow ".

Number Five represents `Big Earth' and in turn, it's colour is Yellow and Earth element.

Number Five is considered inauspicious under the Flying Star Chart which signifies " Misfortune ".

From here, you will understand that since you mentioned that yellow is good for you, it would mean that most likely you are of the Earth element. So happens that Earth also represents a bad star = 5.

One good news is that Flying Star can be used to analyse a time frame of a 21 years, Yearly, monthly, daily and hourly.

I understand one book author raised fears early this year to say that everyone must take precautions at the South no matter what the direction of the house facing.

Generally, books usually can be written generally for the massess but it does not mean that such general theories work all the time for all people.

Where it concerns books, in my opinion, books written on Shapes and Form are more relevant. Books written to teach methods are equally relevant. Books that `dictate' general cures are best avoided.

One reason here is that as human beings, some of us tend to overdo e.g. buy not one but two or more wind chimes; add one or a few water positions etc... This term is referred too frequently as `Fast Food' Feng Shui. Like over eating, it may become very unhealthy.

There is also a newsgroup available at alt.chinese.fengshui which you can join through your Internet Service provider's news server.

I occassionally read some of the messages but do not participate especially the widespread `flame'. This message was posted (the exact headers and origin of the email account is shown below) to the newsgroup on 15 October.

I hope it will help new users to understand what Feng Shui can " do to you " if used wrongly:-