Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Moving House and Directions
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 2666
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 10/26/1999 10:32 AM

Dear Jojo,

Thanks for your question. For those who are now sure what 9-Star Ki is, let me elaborate further

1. 9-Star Ki and Personal Flying Star Feng Shui is basically one and the same.

2. 9-Star Ki is widely practised in Japan. This is where the Japanese must have learned the Flying Star Feng Shui and applied it in a holistic way in their country.

The next popular destination is UK and US where this is equally practised in both countries.

Essentially both are one and the same.

3. 9-Star Ki uses the Luo Shu grid of 9 squares. It is also incorporated into `personal' Feng Shui.

For a change, those who are keen to learn 9-Star Ki can get books e.g.

Author
======
Jon Sandifer (I hope I spelt his name correctly)

Simon Brown

In my opinion, Jon Sandifer's books are a considered quite old but do give an essence of the holistic approach to 9-Star Ki.

Simon Brown's books are modern i.e. have easy to understand graphics and well organised.

There are many more authors on 9-Star Ki and their followers. I believe, many of the members of the Feng Shui Society in UK have members practising 9-Star Ki.

As I mentioned, 9-Star Ki in my opinion can be broadly classified under " Personal Flying Star Theory ". Although it can still be used at looking at houses.

Matching 9-Star Ki/Flying Star Theory is the Ba Zhi Feng Shui which Robert is currently putting into this website.

A famous Feng Shui Master mentioned that it is advisable to practice Flying Star or Ba Zhi Feng Shui but not both because it gets complicated if one is doing it manually to interlink and provide cross references.

However, with our current research and highly integrated computerised tools, we will be able to interlink both for great effectiveness. Both tools: Flying Star and Ba Zhi Feng Shui when put together will offer exciting possibilities.

By the way, one can generally say that Ba Zhi Feng Shui is a higher but of equal status with Flying Star Theory. Ba Zhi Feng Shui can be considered a higher form of Eight House Theory.

4. Sorry to side track the issue. There are several methods of looking at auspicious dates by the Chinese.

Currently, at this website, it is based on the five elements concept to deduce the auspicious and inauspicious dates. In computer language, this is akin to running assembly language or machine language which is considered the closest you can get to the `machine' itself.

5. More simplistic methods includes using the Luo Pan to deduce e.g. the best direction to avoid for travelling at a specific time.

Derek Walters in his richly illustrated book " Feng Shui " had worked out a western compass and also teach simple reading method on the use of a western compass.

By the way, if anyone is keen to learn proper Feng Shui using the five elements concept, one should get hold of his "classic" Feng Shui Handbook. I believe this is available at amazon.com or barnesandnobles.com

Although his book is written sometime back, it is in my opinion a class in itself especially for an English title.

6. One way of checking out auspicious dates is to use the Luo pan as shown in Derek Walter's " Feng Shui " book. Or you can check out the Auspicious / Inauspicious program on this site.

7. Usually, it should apply more for an individual than the breadwinner. For example, if the person who is travelling should be the one `looked' at than say the breadwinner.

Warmest Regards
Cecil

On 10/26/99 8:38:25 AM, Jojo Johnson wrote:
>Dear Cecil
>
>I understand that one has good
>and bad houses based on their
>personal element.
>My questions is
>1. What guidelines does one
>use to pick a good time to
>shift house and
>2. Is the direction one shift
>house important.
>
>e.g. If I currently live in
>the north of my city and shift
>to the south or east or
>wherever, how do I know which
>direction will be the best for
>me. I believe under 9 star ki
>this is very important.
>
>Is it the main breadwinner
>whose details must be the
>priority or all house members.
>
>Many thanks
>Jojo

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources