Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Different schools of Feng Shui
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 2907
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 11/4/1999 11:10 AM

Dear Users,

I would like to add further on this matter.

Let me relate it to why I always stress that when an individual lack a certain element, one of the best cures is to come into constant contact with the related element, such as using colour.

This relates to my elder brother. He is basically a weak wood, and lacks lots of water and in the past he did not really believe much about Feng Shui.

We told him that his favourable type of element is water, which means that his likely favourate colours are blue, black and grey.

And true enough, when he started to believe in Feng Shui, he purchased a pond and started to rare koi in the living room (but also note that is was placed in an auspicious water star position).

And to add to that he constantly love to wear blue, black colour clothings. In addition his car was also blue in colour.

So this means that when he goes out he is already with his favourable element (water) as clothing, when he is driving he is again with his favourable colour (water). When he is back at home, he is with his koi fishes (water).

So this would mean that even if he is faced with an inauspicious element for the year or in his jobs or whatever, say Metal, the water which he is constantly in contact with actually strengthens his weak wood and say when he does come into contact with Metal, the water which is his favourable element will in turn draw strength from the Metal and further strengthening him.

Thus, he has been extremely successful in his career and family:)

Why have I brought up this personal experience?

Many times users have always ask us why in our report we do not specify what type of items such as water can be related to rearing a fish pond, putting a fountain etc.

Instead for example our report points the individual to the right direction or to the root of the problem say water?

This is because to apply Feng Shui you do not really need to spend extra money on purchasing "Feng Shui related items".

Every object, colour, shape and type are essentially recorded as a particular element.

This means that when we talk about about say this period Metal reigned by Metal element influence and the suggested cure is say Water or Fire, it opens a range of items or ways you can improve your luck or situation.

Why?

When one hears that the `cure' is Fire, what should you do? Relate the Fire to red, pink and purple. (or any shades close to red), related objects such as candle, stove, cooking, related to shapes such as pointed shapes, or objects which are triangle.

Or relate to a house being a Fire element type house or etc.

If you noticed that everything and anything can be related to Feng Shui through the use of Five Elements. Thus, to know the root of the problem is more important than relaying on just a single object such as to cure a sickness star use only Wind Chime, or to increase your wealth use only Fountain.

Instead, with the knowledge of the elements you lack, you can apply just like my brother in many ways, the way you dress, the way you choose favourable colours for your car, the way you look for a favourable house element etc.

This is essentially more powerful and more flexible approach than giving you a fixed description or `spoon fed'.

This is for us to ponder: Have anyone wondered can we use `cures' in relation to Astrology (especially Western astrology). When they relates to the stars etc, they can give you several pages of description about certain characteristics or that something is going to happen to you etc.

However, ever wonder, yes from the stars something is going to happen to me, how can I avoid it?

Often that is not the case with Western Astrology. Yes, you get lots of details but of which none actually have a cure, all the advice would likely be to avoid going out etc.

Whereas if we find that Destiny based on say Pillars not only tells us e.g. the year is inauspicious, but also the element involved likely to cause you unfavourable influence. In addition, you know what you can do to cure or improve upon it.

Thus, a Feng Shui is has a very practical approach to the way it handle things. That is why we always stress that everything has to be related to Five Element to be authentic Feng Shui/Destiny.

Look at:-

A. Shapes and Forms - The shapes and its various forms are related to Five Element.

B. Pillars of Destiny - Relates a person to his own personal element and the changes elemental influence relating to him.

C. Flying Star - Relates a house or office to the Five Element.

D. Eight House - Uses the Eight Trigram to relate some portion of an Eight Variant element. However, there are many limitation. But at least this relates a little to the individual. Whereas, Flying Star does not take into account a person.

E. Eight Characters Feng Shui - This utilise information between a person and a home to provide indepth analysis.

For those who are unaware, in actual fact when you apply Pillars and Flying Star, some essence of what makes it possible to bind the two theories together came from the essence of the powerful Eight Characters Feng Shui.

Thus, it is important to apply an ALL ROUNDED analysis. Each theory was developed for a specific purpose and that is why we cannot forgo any single theory.

I am glad that many users are more aware of it. And that we have been doing right from the start.

And I am glad that Glyn has also brought up the matter of the Flying Star. I know she practice Feng Shui in total. What she was actually trying to say is that with the Flying Star often you can get a greater insight that might not be possible with just the external shapes and forms. But she did mentioned that she relate that to the Pillars and other form.

Basically, I do agree with her that Flying Star is indeed powerful, sometimes it provides the additional insights not seen by other tools, thus is an invaluable tool when wanting to assess and solve a problem. However, without relating to other theories, it alone it pretty limited.

Because we have to understand when is it a problem related to the home, when is it a personal problem related to the Pillars, when is it related to the external factors.

It is with all these theories together, taking the best of each, that you can piece together a clear and accurate picture.

In order to improve a situation many areas of cures has to be done to fix all the individual problem (no matter how minor). This is because when a single problem is fixed, the inauspicious features for that problem is reduced. When you fix all the bad sector, by then nearly all the problem would have been resolved, and there is where you star to enjoy good luck.

Hope that helps:)

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

PS: Apologise as I have been busy with lots of backend development, thus did not have much time to participate in the discussion. I am working on something that I believe users will find extremely useful when it is finally launched!

On 11/4/99 9:54:26 AM, Cecil Lee wrote:
>Dear Glyn and fellow users,
>
>Glyn has a good point in the
>use of colours.
>
>Some of you have noticed that
>I coined a term called the
>`33.3 percent rule set'.
>
>For example, this helps one to
>know whether a sector has a
>missing corner or not or if
>using a `cure' or even a
>`threat' such as water is
>overwhelming or not.
>
>Using colours is `effective'
>because it can cover large
>areas e.g. painting a wall
>green. Based on the 33.3
>percent rule, this `cure' or
>enhancement can be greater
>than 33.3 percent.
>
>Similarly wearing clothing can
>cover more than 33.3 percent
>of our body surface. But
>wearing a ring etc... does not
>exceed a "tiny bit".
>
>Again, one has to be careful,
>and must find a balance as FS
>is all about balance.
>
>Warmest Regards,
>Cecil
>
>On 11/4/99 9:46:05 AM, Glyn Foster
>wrote:
>>Hi Anon
>>
>>I guess I did not make myself
>>clear - apologies.
>>Each time I visit a client,
>>the first thing I do is check
>>the surrounding environment
>>for poison arrows etc. etc. I
>>then do a Pillars chart to
>>most importantly ascertain the
>>element and its strength. I
>>then check the 8 house of the
>>clients concerned and then do
>>the Flying Star Chart of the
>>building.
>>My recommendations to the
>>client are then made based on
>>ALL the information available
>>to me. And, I use colors a
>>great deal...I believe many
>>people do not give enough
>>credit to the power of colors.
>>
>>Recently I was asked to audit
>>a restaurant and before I even
>>walked in the door I observed
>>4 negative threats to the
>>business. After doing the
>>Flying Star chart of the
>>business which was not a bad
>>one, it was very obvious that
>>the threats from the
>>surrounding environment was
>>contributing to their
>>difficulties. So, whilst
>>FLying Star in my opinion is
>>the most advanced form of Feng
>>Shui, it does not always
>>provide the answer. But, in
>>many cases it tells me exactly
>>what has been going on.
>>
>>Glyn

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources