Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Source of qi
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 2998
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 11/8/1999 09:31 AM

Dear Joe,

Indeed you have asked an interesting question.

1. Very often if one is house `hunting' and go look at houses that are not occupied, when we first step into the house (without first opening the window), when we breathe in the air, some how it is `stale' air.

In many cases, after new houses were constructed, when I do the audit, I do feel the above.

2. Here, it is my believe that human Qi is equally important within a house or office for the following reasons:-

a. Qi around us can consist of steam, weather, gas and force (atmospheric pressure).

b. One unrelated but quite important matter is the moon.

For example, high and low tides are attributed to the moons influence on our water system. High and low tides are visible when we sit on the shore. In away, we can say that the earths gravity pull is attributed to the moon's rotation around the earth.

3. Similiarly, the concept of Tai Su or Duke of Jupiter follows the same. In Chinese Astrology, it was felt that Jupiter being such a large planet does have `influences' on us.

Even in the West, we hear of terms like the full moon and its effect on our moods.

Some Feng Shui practioners also advised their clients to conduct Sales or PR on full moon.

4. The reason why I mentioned the above is that even if we are in an enclosed space, "gravity" can be in away considered the equivalent or near equivalent of explaining atmospheric Qi.

5. Some of us have read of Dangers of Underground water. These are considered `steams' or gases emissions from the ground. But if we are in an apartment / flat, this direct contact is less or `nil'.

6. I believe, many homes and especially office buildings are similiar in someways to your situation where the windows and doors are closed all the time.

If we look towards the skyline and we would have noticed that all modern skyscrapers are `sealed' e.g. we see rows and rows of windows. In such situations, usually certain floors e.g. 18th floor, 36th floors have aircondition vents.

In my opinon, the air exchange within these buildings are conducted through the aircon ducts. Here, some of the Qi moves thru aircon ducts. There are more including Human Qi which we will look into below.

7. In your case, I can offer one main explanation:-

- Human activity that results in Qi flow

a. In Feng Shui, there is what is known as our aura and our movement. Those who have well developed Qi has been even captured with thermal cameras. E.g. practioners of Qi gong or Chinese healers who can direct their Qi.

Simple movement of humans in the house also contribute to `stirring' Qi.

b. Hot and Cold

We have lots of household appliances in our house. Two major ones are in our kitchen and e.g. living room.

In the living room for example, I believe one can count the number of electrical items ranging from lighting to tv sets.

In other rooms, computers etc...

8. We have to remember such items produce heat and inturn changes the pressure around the room. Hot air rises and cold air is drawn into the house e.g. from the gap below the door or `cracks' around the window slides.

9. We have to understand that no house is airtight unless one lives inside a diving bell for example. But in such situations, air is still pumped into the bell.

10. The activity of hot and cold say within the house causes air movement to flow. In the kitchen, if we do cooking, or have a refigerator running, there is some dew and again, there is interaction of hot and cold.

11. Therefore, even if we close our windows or doors, air will constantly `sip' in from around any opening be it small or thru the gaps around windows and doors. Here, one do not need to open the door or window.

12. Placement of fish tank would also add the element of vapour (even how minute it is). I am not sure how fast or slowly the evaporation rate of water into vapours but in hotter countries, this is quite common.

13. Another important point is that even if we do not turn on electrical appliances, the sun rays that `bathe' our house is uneven ie. in the morning, the sun rays heat up the eastern side of the house and at noon it is on top etc...

Here, for some houses the walls of the house would have been warmed up at different times and since there is hot and cold, again hot air rises and cold air gets in.

I understand that Para 13. would depend on the country each of us are staying. What I wanted to explain is to show `something' each of us can `visualse' with rather than abstract notions of Qi. All these are considered Qi.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/7/99 12:04:04 AM, Anon wrote:
>Dear Cecil,
>Please settle a friendly
>dispute I am having with a
>friend. Does qi enter a house
>through doors AND windows, or
>just doors? If it does enter
>through windows, then do
>windows need to be open to
>allow qi to enter? You see,
>we live in a cold climate
>where 3/4 of the year, the
>windows are shut. That's why
>this question occurred to us.
>Thank you for your advice.
>
>--Anon

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources