Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Studio apartments and feng shui
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 4908
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 3/5/2000 04:48 AM

Dear Anon,

We live in a real world and if we like in a studio apartment, we should not worry unduly about its effect on Feng Shui.

You can still apply Feng Shui concepts:

1. Ideally, if the entire studio apartment is one open area, we can artificially provide sections e.g. between the kitchen and say the living room or the bedroom, have a `partition' such as an eating counter etc..

2. For the living room, or bedroom, leave a `gap' or a short distance between say the bed and the other `rooms'.

3. It is not compulsory but some actual examples also include the using carpets to have an outline between one area e.g. the living room and other areas. (This is not compulsory) but just one of the simple examples that do not cost a `bomb'.

4. More importantly, do not clutter the apartment with too many belongings i.e. turn it into a "refugee" camp. Keep unwanted items neatly in e.g. boxes.

The amount of furniture, in a studio apartment must be appropriate to the space we live in. If we live in a larger area, we should also keep our house tidy etc...

5. In my personal opinion, a small studio apartment has because of its small size, relatively minimal impact on the occupants thus, one may not need to find out for example, how suitable the house is to the breadwinner or `strictly' apply the Eight House or Flying Star.

The most important theory for a studio apartment, in my opinion are:

- Where possible conform to the Shapes and Form (whenever possible)

- Apply the Yin and Yang concept. Have a balance of it. In the day time, the house should be more Yang. While at nite, it should be more cosy:

Such simple but practical things like, drawing the curtain open during the day to make it more yang is acceptable.

However, this would also depend on the nature of work or study and the amount of time spent at home. If say a person is student, then depending on his/her habbit, may have to make the studio apartment more yang at nite, in case one simply falls asleep every nite without doing much revision or homework.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/3/00 4:58:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>Dear cecil,
>
>In the studio apartment the
>living room and bedroom and
>the kitchen and toilet are all
>in one space without any
>walls. Since one sleeps there
>and the kitchen sink is also
>there. Will it be considered
>water ( water in the bedroom).
>Or it will not affect the
>individual sleeping there.
>Thanks.

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources