Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: New Home - house hunting
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 6333
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 6/26/2000 02:01 AM

Dear Ching Hsia,

1. To be frank, it is always easier to consult a reliable Feng Shui practitioner to do all the legwork for you.

2. But of course, you can do it on your own but would have to consider all the bits and pieces and like a zig saw puzzle piece them together. There are occassionally, the OOps! I think I have made a `mistake' in one or the other.

Mistake may happen such as not considering a fundamental situation and the Oops turn up. For example, the house looks perfect but suddenly, without realising `oops' I forgot to check that the toilet is at the centre. Something like this.

Please see below:-

On 6/25/00 2:46:00 PM, Ching Hsia wrote:
>My family is looking for a
>house. We want a new house
>like 3yrs or less.
>1. is it better to buy a new
>construction house or a new
>house less than 3yrs.?

Each house has its own birth chart and a 3 year old house or older could even have a better Feng Shui then even a new one.

Here, mostly the Flying Star chart is used to determine the house. And Shapes and Form is equally important too.

As each house is not the same, each house has to be analysed on its own merits i.e. giving a full audit.

>2. what direction should the
>front door of the house face?
>I heard that south is the best
>but i need your opinion.

The reason why South (was) or is considered good e.g. for houses in China e.g. in Beijing is because it is not ideal for houses to have doors or windows facing north because of the cold winds, yellow dusts.

But if you are not in China, it does not mean that a house facing south is the best. It depends.

In Feng Shui, it is good to look at a house in relation to the three main theories:

1. Shapes and Form - A good shapes and form will bring a quantum leap in `luck' of the home.

2. Flying Star - to determine the birth chart of the house

3. How suitable are you to the house. For example, for the breadwinner, where best, try to avoid death or disaster sector at the main entrance door and bedroom i.e. locations where you spent most of the time such as bedroom.

>3. where should the house sit
>in the lot?

I am not sure where to begin as this is usually based on Shapes and Form and one must be onsite to look at the plot of land.

Even if the plot of land is found auspicious today, in a few years time, the Feng Shui can change because of developments next to the plot.

There is no fixed formula to looking at a piece of land. No amount of words can be put across here.

>4. should the kitchen be on
>the right or left of the
>house?

Again, one must look at the house in its entirety.

Here, the fundamentals must be correct e.g. a good layout plan without missing corners etc...

>5. should we move in to a
>house with finished or
>unfinished basement?

This is not the most important factor in Feng Shui.

One should instead pay attention to more important priorities based on the several schools of Feng Shui I mentioned for the entire house i.e. Shapes and Form, Flying Star...

>6. does it matter where car
>garage stand in the house?

Where possible, the bedroom should not be above the garage. And if it can, be, occupy one side (or at the side of the house).

>7. where should the stairs be
>in the house?

In past messages, I have drawn a few layout plans of staircases:

1. Where possible, it should not be immediately visible from the main door
2. It should not be a spiral staircase.
3. It can be on the side of a wall and it should have a landing or a turning and not be a one long stair case.

A good house does not appear overnight. Some consult FS practitioners and work with them to create a good house.

Most houses are `average' houses (some not so perfect) but can be `fine tuned' further based on FS guidelines.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

>With these questions, can you
>give me any other advice on
>where a certain thing suppose
>to be in the house. I'm
>looking for a 2story house,
>with basement. thank you.

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources