Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: About money plants
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 6620
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 7/26/2000 08:11 AM

Dear Anon,

Let me first touch on `corner' "Feng Shui" such as `elder's / superior's corner.

In my opinion, I can understand why such concepts appeal to many people (both "practitioners" and those who feel inclined to follow the `corner' concept.

It is like the equivalent of Traditional Feng Shui i.e. Eight House Compass School where these concepts are easy to understand.

What draws a person to Traditional Feng Shui are usually, initial theories such as the Eight House Theory.

On the same parallel, what draws one to "psudeo" Feng Shui such as fixed templates or corners is also the simplicity of understanding it. But, in my opinion, `fixed' templates are too general to be of use in Feng Shui.

I have mentioned in quite alot of messages that how can it be that e.g. South West is the corner for Romance for every single living soul on earth.

If there are a billion people on this earth, is it possible that SW remains the Romance corner for all of us? So, if 100 of us decide to enhance the romance corner and if all of us are chasing after only 1 girl; then who will eventually marry this girl?

Thus, in my opinion, it is not possible to follow such concepts. Eight aspirations or life associations where each sector has a meaning does not mean that e.g. North = Career sector for all of us.

Worse, if we use the Black Hat Sect `fixed template' format. We should not pay homage to a corner.

I have elaborated that even under the Shapes and Form School of Feng Shui, there is still differentiation.

For example, every main door may have a different `influence'. I may be lucky as there is no lamp post in the middle of my home.

My neighbour may have a pointed corner of a neighbour's home (poison arrow) aimed at his main door. Here, the `Shapes and Form' can be different for each home.

Imagine, it would be silly if the house we live in has no poison arrow but because, we want to standarise, place a `Ba gua' mirror on every main door even if there is no poison arrow.

Please see below:-

On 7/26/00 6:38:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
>Dear Cecil,
>There has been a series of
>articles in our local paper on
>feng shui. This writer
>maintains that feng shui works
>symbolically. He uses the
>bagua. He says that keeping
>money plants or any kind of
>plants that require support is
>not advisable anywhere in the
>house, and especially in the
>elders/superiors corner. What
>say you?

I do agree that some elements of Feng Shui is based on symbolism. But it should be seen in the context of applying Feng Shui in a holistic way. Using the various theories and `scoring' as many marks in all categories.

Usually, in my opinion, one should either: if they have good intuition or more inclined to Shapes and Form Feng Shui, may try to use intutition or sixth sense.

But for those who are `weaker' or may not be able to sense the environment, should consider applying the Flying Star Feng Shui.

Here, you look at each sector. If there is an imbalance caused, one has to neutralise the sector.

For example, if there is a bad wood or #3, one should not enhance a sector with wood element. Here, depending on the sector which is out of balance, a cure should be used.

Under the Flying Star, for example:-
8 3
4 Here, there is bad wood and the cure should be to use Fire element to neutralise wood.

For another combination:
1 5
2 Here, instead wood would be needed to neutralise Earth.

In another situation:
9 4
3 Here we should use Metal element to control wood.

The above are examples of how, Traditional Feng Shui based on the 5 elements concept in relation to Flying Star is used.

Not any other simple ideas where we call a sector our " Elder's / Superior " corner and then think of ideas on how not to `enhance' it such as avoiding the use of money plant.
Unfortunately, fixed template can be looked at as `non-Feng Shui'. Or, if we want to give it some credence, may just call this Kindergarten Feng Shui.

Therefore, in this forum, we do not discuss on Career sectors and happily talk about simplistic ideas which is too general that if we can sell the idea to a billion people.

Statistically, if we do apply a career sector to a billion population, how can it be that, everyone by enhancing their `career' sector be doing well? There are always unfortunate souls who get retrenched or worse, get into a fatal accident even in work.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

>Also, how powerful is
>symbolism in feng shui?
>Is that how one balances the
>five elements?
>
>I am an advertising
>copywriter. But my career
>seems to be going nowhere. I
>feel stuck and many times at a
>loss for ideas. Even my idea
>projection is very wishy
>washy.
>I do a lot of positive
>thinking and stuff, but would
>like to know if feng shui can
>help.
>Curious to know - my house
>door opens into the career
>area. The main wooden door
>opens into the house fully,
>but outside it we have an iron
>security door, which is in two
>panels - so 3/4th opens out
>and 1/4th of it stays put. Any
>problems with this? I also
>have money plants in this
>area! (I must admit, those
>articles on feng shui are very
>tempting to try out)
>
>Thanx a lot.

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources