Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Ba Gua Mirrors and the various opinions on it
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 6849
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 8/24/2000 12:24 AM

Dear Anon,

Yes, I do agree with you that there are many different opinions on the Ba Gua mirror.

1. We can look at it primarily under two broad categories:-

1.) With a religious inclination
2.) To protect against Sha Qi such as a house with the main entrance facing a `T' junction or other poision arrows.

2. The advice provided is also based on the inclination of the practitioner. For example, if the practitioner is `deeply rooted' in religious beliefs, he/she may ask their customers to use a Ba Gua mirror for almost every door of the house i.e. the main entrance, the kitchen door and the backdoor (facing outwards).

3. Some practitioners even are not convinced about the Ba Gua mirror saying that it is ineffective.

4. Generally, there are several types of Ba Gua Mirror:

4.1. A Ba Gua mirror with a picture of the TWO door Gods. This type of mirror is said to offer protection to the owners.

4.2. Some Ba Gua mirror are placed together with a Charm (yellow paper) to protect the door.

4.3. Some Ba Gua mirror has a `simple' the First Heaven Sequence trigram and is used for any of the above with or without the Ba Gua mirror.

4.4. If two houses are facing each other and their doors are (facing each other), if one house uses a Ba Gua mirror (as mentioned under Para 4.3), the opposite house has "no choice but to a convex mirror (Ba Gua trigram shape) to deflect the Sha Qi back. This is considered `a lose lose situation'.

As seen from the above, they are the most common uses of the Ba Gua mirror.

5. On my Feng Shui audit rounds, I know of several households who had consulted e.g. temple Priests and there is a case where:

The opposite house (just across the road) has placed a four sided Thai shrine. It so happens that the shrine faces directly the main entrance.

This household consulted a priest and placed a rectangle (flat) mirror) to deflect this "Sha Qi".

6. In my opinion, I would generally agree with placing a Ba Gua mirror under conditions as mentioned at Para 5.

7. As I do not have such a religious "fevour", I do not normally asks my clients to place a Ba Gua mirror.

8. There is one time when I audited an apartment. The apartment is tangent to temple crematorium housing the dead and this happens to be at the NE alignment.

When I went downstairs to do a survey, the Luo Pan needle was moving erraticly. Thus, I had to advise the owner to place a Ba Gua mirror in the rooms (aligned to this NE sector).

9. If you are overseas especially in the US. One good `test' is to see if, Are you asked to buy several Ba Gua mirrors or if you are asked to buy one mirror to `hang' at the door? Are you charged for this and how much?

Usually in my region e.g. Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore, the consultation does not involve additional charges.

Since the Ba Gua mirrors are easy to purchase, if there is a need to `hang' a Ba Gua mirror, after the consultation, one is asked to buy it themselves.

10. So, in my opinion, if one is asked to buy Ba gua mirror(s), crystals or even wind chimes... do question the practitioner closely.

If the practitioner cannot answer you based on the Five elements concept, do question their them further.

In traditional FS practise, it is all about the balance of the Five elements.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 8/23/00 8:01:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
>Hi
>I have read about the Ba Gua
>mirrors and find there are
>many different opinions on
>their use. Some say to use
>them is good, some say they
>really don't help, some say
>they should be placed with a
>particular trigram at the top
>of the mirror.
>In your opinion, are they
>really useful and what is the
>best trigram to have at the
>top.
>
>Thanking you

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources