Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Eight house versus True Element
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 6945
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 9/10/2000 08:16 PM

Dear Cheui May,

I very glad to hear from you:)

1. The Eight House is based on a person's personal Gua no. I believe the key
essence when one uses it is to relate it to one spending time at a specific
location.

There are two major uses of this theory is:-

a. How suitable the house is to the person? ( The main entrance and the
intangible force at the sector). If this is the death/disaster sector, this
house is generally the least suitable house for the person.

b. How long does one spent time at this sector? Thus, one major concern is:
what is the intangible force at the bedroom /bed of the person.

2. The Eight House Theory is not related to the Five elements unlike: The
Flying Star theory or the Pillars of Destiny.

3. When we check to see if a sector is `in balance' or out of balance. If
that particular sector is out of balance, we than try to `neutralise' it by
applying a cure. For example: Use a `metal' cure.

4. Since there is a common denominator: The Five Elements, we can then apply
The Flying Star Theory inconjunction with the Pillars of Destiny.

In traditional Feng Shui, we first find a person's element and strength. We
also look at a person's luck period to see what sought of `season' the
element is in and whether it is neutral to our element or affects it.

For example, lets say that a person is a weak fire person. And the season of
influence is strong water. Here, since water destroys fire and since this is
a weak fire, it may get extinguished. In such a situation, for home decor,
avoid having water (Blue) such as painting the bedroom blue for example. Or,
avoid keeping fishes in the home.

5. As you mentioned, North represents Water and East represents Wood etc...
This are purely, general statements relating to each direction having an
`association' to an element. Although these are `technically correct' i.e.
North = Water.

In "kindergarten Feng Shui" we can apply such associations. But these are
two general.

6. Thus in Traditional Feng Shui (above kindergarten FS) we do not normally
apply based on Para 5. But rather as mentioned earlier, look at one's
element and strength. And also for the home, we look at the birth chart of
the house e.g. (looking at Shapes and Form) and next look at it using The
Flying Star to analyse each sector and if that particular sector is out of
balance, neutralise any imbalances at that sector).

7. In fact you are applying some of the Ba Zhi Feng Shui, principles by
looking at e.g. your boyfriends element and strength and relating it to each
sector. The sector that is not in harmony with your boyfriend should be
noted. Ba Zhi Feng Shui is more specific and should be considered more
important then the Eight House Theory.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil