Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Auspicious directions
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 9986
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 1/23/2002 08:03 PM

Dear Mina,

1. Chinese Astrology (Zi Wei Dou Shu), Eight House Theory, Flying Star Theory, Pillars of Destiny all these major theories uses Chinese Lunar calendar system for their calculation.

2. In authentic Chinese methodology such as Chinese Astrology, Eight House and Flying Star all reference to one's Chinese Lunar calendar.

3. Xia (Hsia) or Chinese Solar calendar is used mainly to define season. And in Pillars of Destiny, this is one portion of the calculation. For example, to define the season of birth i.e. when you were born what season it happen to be at that time.

4. As mentioned above, all other major calculations of Pillars of Destiny uses the Chinese Lunar calendar.

5.1 In most cases the results of the analysis between the Xia (Hsia) and Solar is the same. However, if there is a `blind' date i.e. the difference between how the calendar system treats the start of a new month may create a one month change in the Date of Birth.

Since Pillars Destiny is based on one's date of birth, such a change is considered major and will make your entire Pillars of Destiny readings inacurate.

6. The rationale why you see so many Feng Shui practitioners promoting the use of Xia (Hsia) or Chinse Solar is because:

6.1. What we see in the internet are `voices' of many Feng Shui practitioners who derive their practise in Hong Kong.

6.2. Hong Kong once was a Commnonwealth country and many of these Hong Kong practitioners widely use English. And this is why we see a widespread use of Xia (Hsia) or Chinese Solar.

6.3 The rationale is because, Xia is quite constant and very similar to the western solar calendar system. And the best advantage it has is it is easy to chart.

7. Many of the Hong Kong practitioners also migrated to say Canada and some even to USA e.g. California.. thus makes it look like Xia or Hsia or Chinese solar is the `defacto standard.'

8. If we look at China under communism. Feng Shui and Chinese divinity methods were banned in the country. And many of the Authentic Feng Shui practitioners or rather Masters fled to Taiwan. (Majority speaks Chinese dialects or mandarin).

I believe if you check the records of many of the well known personalities on Feng Shui e.g. in Hong Kong and Canada or USA, their links are with Hong Kong - i.e. Xia or Hsia system.

9. The unfortunate part is that many of the true Taiwanese Masters do not speak any English. And their main media is either Mandarin or (Hokkien - Fukien). If one looks at the origins of some of the theories, orignate from Fukien province.

For example the entire Compass School Feng Shui originates Fukien (Hokkien) province) and the founder is Wang K'e.

10. Thus, you only see sites like us, who have links with both Taiwanese and Hong Kong.

Therefore, we understand the practical reasons for practitioners who use Xia (Hsia) system - mainly for conveninence of calcuations. Since Xia (Hsia) use a constant 360 days every year. Much more simple than even the Western solar calendar.

Because in majority (95%) of time, one's date of birth does not fall into the blind dates. (Too bad for those who fall in the blind dates only)>

11. We have to be objective and this is why, Geomancy.net has to Chinese Lunar.

12. This is because, in the actual Chinese Lunar Pillars of Destiny the Xia (Hsia) is used not to convert the main Pillars chart but used when needed to reference the seasons of birth and for several calculations relating to two advanced pillars e.g. House of Life and House of Conception. In this two references, there is a need to convert or calculate the actual Hsia months in relation to the Lunar month.

13. Thus it is a pretty complicated process and in most cases, you will not find many practitioners analysing up to the House of Life and House of Conception.

14. You will also notice that the other major theories like Eight House, Flying Star, Chinese Astrology never use Xia (Hsia) as the default system. Although, in recent times we do see some `Hong Kong' related Feng Shui practitioners trying to use Xia Flying Star System. However, if one knows, the origins of the Compass School, it comes from Fukien (Hokkien) and the original use is thru the Lunar system.

15. Feng Shui is applied thru the use of several theories. And many of these theories are inter-related i.e. using the common denominator i.e. Lunar System. This allows for cross-analysis.

16. We feel that being 95% accurate is not acceptable at Geomancy.net. As we are literally playing with people's life. For example, if you are the one who `unfortunately' belong to the category with the blind date - using Hsia, would mean that all your calculations are no longer accurate.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/23/2002 6:56:00 PM, Mina Mou wrote:
>Dear Mr. Cecile & Lee,
>
>Thank you for your previous
>answers which are very useful
>for me. I'd like to learn that
>why we consider the Chinese
>lunar calendar while we
>calculate the gua number, why
>don't we consider Chinese
>solar calendar? Or is it so?
>Thank you very much for your
>precious feedbacks.

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources